Wednesday, March 21, 2012

A New Chapter Begins

Hello friends.

I have slacked off in a MAJOR way lately when it comes to blogging. To be honest, I just haven't felt like writing and haven't felt like we have had much to write about. I love reading my friends' blog posts and do so on a daily basis, but never put thought into posts of my own. It is time that I start contributing to the blogosphere again so here it goes...

A lot has happened for us in the past 6 months.

I became a BYU graduate in December with a degree in Statistics. Although I received my diploma, I will be walking in April with Jordan so we can "graduate" together because BYU doesn't do a December commencement. It was a long and emotional road but a wonderful 4 1/2 years.

Jordan will be graduating with his Master's in April and working for Larson and Rosenberger, where he did his internship and has been working for the past year. He loves his job so much and is excited to focus solely on work and not have school to worry about anymore (however, he will be studying for and taking the CPA exams this summer).

I am working at North Davis Junior High in Clearfield as their Flex Period Coordinator and as a math tutor in the evenings. Flex Period is a "free period" during the day where students who are failing any of their classes receive help from their teacher and students that aren't failing any of their classes get to participate in enrichment activities (movies, basketball, etc.). I am in charge of getting the students their grade print outs each day and solving any problems that come up as well as keeping track of the data we collect (allowing me to use some of my statistical knowledge).

We moved to Farmington the day after Christmas (never doing that again) to a cute apartment in a great neighborhood. We are really enjoying our ward and getting to know the people in it. Jordan is teaching Elder's Quorum and I am on the Relief Society Board. We love living up here in Davis County and close to our families again; however, we are looking forward to April 20 (graduation) being here so Jordan will no longer have to make the commute to Provo for classes.

Things are going great for us right now. We are excited to be done with school and moving on to the next chapter in our lives!

No comments:

Post a Comment

"We'll look back someday, at this moment that we're in and I'll look at you and say and I thought I loved you THEN."