Wednesday, July 6, 2011

4th of July Weekend

So...
I LOVE the 4th of July and this year was no different. We were able to do everything we had planned on and a few things we hadn't which summed up to one of the best 4th's ever!
We began on Friday by swimming at my parents house during the time that all the neighbors decided to light their fireworks. With the new legal fireworks added to the mix it made for a great show!
Saturday we began the day at Carl's Jr. for breakfast (a Toone tradition)


and then it was off to the Centerville parade. It was especially fun to see Jordan's brother, Logan, and his kids riding a school bus in the parade for the 100th anniversary of Davis School District, but sadly I didn't whip my camera out fast enough to catch a picture.
We hung out with my dad's side of the family while they swam and pretty much relaxed during the afternoon while I baked cupcakes for Sunday.
That night we headed up to the park for dinner and Cassidy's birthday celebration before the Oakley rodeo. (cute Connor)
This was my 3rd time going to the rodeo with Jordan's family and it was a very good rodeo year. We particularly loved the bull riding and it of course ended with a fantastic fireworks show.

(the group)


(Jord & I)


(Brenda looking mighty fine in McKinley's hat)

Sunday was a "triumphant" day for Connor. We attended his blessing at Nathan & Brenda's ward. Afterward we had a fantastic luncheon at Jordan's parents' house. It was for this luncheon that I discovered my love of Strawberry Lemonade cupcakes. Delightful!
Benson treated us with his rendition of the "Baby Monkey Riding on a Pig" song many times that afternoon and I have pretty much been singing it since (bless Kara's heart). It was so fun to spend time with family!
Monday we took a trip to the shooting range with Jordan's parents and Preston to shoot his dad's rifles. This was my first time shooting something besides a squirt gun and I had a great time. We went to Dee's Family Restaurant afterward for lunch, and then Jordan watched me swim laps that afternoon.
My family came home from St. George on Monday night so we were able to end our 4th by going to dinner with them before we headed for home.


It was a great holiday and I can't wait til next year!

3 comments:

  1. Now I am triumphantly singing 'baby monkey' in my head. Doh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy smokes that was quite the weekend! Those strawberry lemonade cupcakes look so freakin good! Miss you girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Baby Monkey will be with you always...ALWAYS. I wish I could have tasted your cupcakes (or anything else that day). :( I guess you'll just have to make a special batch just for me when I have my tastebuds back! Hee hee!

    ReplyDelete

"We'll look back someday, at this moment that we're in and I'll look at you and say and I thought I loved you THEN."