Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Anniversary Weekend

So our anniversary was amazing. Of course I failed to take pictures so I will do my best to describe. Because I work on Thursday nights, we made the decision to celebrate on Friday but we were so excited, we gave each other our gifts on Thursday afternoon. I got Jordan a beautiful watch and the Book of Mormon on CD so he can listen to it when he drives to work (believe me, he asked me for it). He surprised me with a kindle and a gift card to buy books. I read all the time and always have a book in my purse so he thought it would be nice to have a whole library of books in my purse and only have it weigh 10 oz. On Friday, we began with an early dinner at the Roof Restaurant (thanks to my parents' generous Valentines gift) and then decided to walk around temple square and the JSMB. After spending some time at the visitor's center, we went to see Joseph Smith: The Prophet of the Restoration. We hadn't seen it in a couple of years and apparently, they redid about 60% of the movie. The story is obviously the same, they just touched a lot on families and answered a lot of questions that investigators generally have about the church. If you haven't seen it in the past 2 months, go see the new one; it is definitely a testimony builder. We then stayed at the Radisson which is where we stayed after our wedding reception. It was an amazing weekend and a great way to celebrate the best two years of our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"We'll look back someday, at this moment that we're in and I'll look at you and say and I thought I loved you THEN."