Friday, August 13, 2010

My Thoughts on Moving

I now know why my parents say that their next move is going to be up the street to the cemetery...

moving is not exactly the most fun thing.

As I mentioned before, Jordan and I are moving to Orem tomorrow and have been spending this week (well mostly yesterday and today) cleaning and packing. I have to say that after my mom, sister, and I's 3 hour cleaning fiesta yesterday, the new apartment is beautiful and I am so excited to move in. I don't know what I would have done without them. As most people know, I don't exactly have the strongest stomach in the world, and the look and touch of hair and crumbs totally grosses me out. Thankfully my mom and sister were willing to help with the less than desirable cleaning and we were able to get it done.
I don't know if I mentioned it, but this new apartment has a washer and dryer! Well, it has hook ups and we bought a washer and dryer. I feel so grown up being able to do laundry at my own house. Our parents have been so sweet to let us do laundry just about every week at their house, and I can't say that we will never do laundry up there again, but we officially can now do it at home.

I hope that I'm not the only person who realizes how much junk they have when they are moving. Our family room is filled with boxes, baskets, pictures, and furniture and as I look at it, I wonder how everything fit into our tiny apartment. I feel like a pack rat and am happy to have a little bit more room to store all my stuff.

On another note, today is a day of wedding receptions and LION KING. My parents got us all tickets to see Lion King at Capitol Theatre for Christmas last year and tonight is finally the night. I have only seen the show once, last time I went to New York, but it was incredible and I am excited to see it once again.

One more thing...this video is beautiful and will make you cry.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"We'll look back someday, at this moment that we're in and I'll look at you and say and I thought I loved you THEN."